New Zealand has an international reputation as a provider of quality education. New Zealand is becoming the first choice for an increasing number of international students seeking quality education & to explore new ideas in pioneering programmers that will put them at the front in the world job markets of the future.
The best thing about studying in NZ is that the expenses involved are comparatively less than the other major destinations viz. USA, UK, Canada, or Australia.
Students are given a visa to search for a job after completion of their course and also have a good opportunity to migrate.
Clean, Green, and Safe Country, New Zealand offers a safe learning environment. It is the first country in the world to declare itself a nuclear-free zone. The environment is green, clean, and has low populations with wide-open spaces.
About New Zealand:
- Capital : Wellington
- Largest City : Auckland
- Official language : English
- Currency : NZ dollar
- Climate : World best weather: -5 to 25 degree.
Education System in NEW ZEALAND :
New Zealand education system divided in three types of institutions
- Private Training Providers ( Affiliated Colleges )
All New Zealand universities offer a broad range of subjects such as Medicine, Engineering, Veterinary Science. Computer Studies, Agriculture and Environmental Studies, Sports-Science, Biotechnology, Architecture etc. Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees are offered by all New Zealand universities. A range of under graduate and postgraduate diplomas is also available.
New Zealand Polytechnics, and Institutes of Technology, are state funded and provide education and training at all levels ranging from introductory studies through to full degree courses. Polytechnics have active engagement with industry, employers and government agencies so they provide programmers which are of a high academic standard and are relevant to the rapidly changing workforce on a global basis.
Private training establishments are registered and their courses approved by NZQA. Institutions and schools in this sector provide a range of courses including English language, business management, computing, dance, design and arts, travel and tourism and training for the hospitality industry.
Why Study in NEW ZEALAND :
- World’s most recognized education system
- Pay tuition fees after visa approval
- Perfect balance in theoretical and practical modules focused on industry centric training
- Cost of education is cheaper as compared to US/ Europe
- Job search visa after study
- Hospitality programs with paid internships
- Temperate climate with pleasant seasonal changes conducive for study and recreation.
- Large numbers of Indians has migrated in the last 10 years and have been successful.
- High Student Visas as compared to countries like the US
- Work permit for Spouse
Entry Requirement :
- Major intakes are Feb and July, however some institutes have November intake.
English Requirement :
IELTS and PTE are mandatory requirements however with the help of English instruction certificate student may waive IELTS requirement.
- Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
- Bachelor’s Degree: Overall band score of 6.0
- Graduate Diploma: Overall band score of 6.0
- Post Graduate Diploma: Overall band score of 6.5
- Master Programs: Overall band score of 6.5
Approx Annual Fees in NZ $ :
- University: $25000 to $40000
- Polytechnic: $16000 to $22000
- Institutes: $14000 to $20000
Students are allowed to work part-time 20 hours per week and full time during holidays while studying the course.
Work opportunities after studies :
After the completion of studies, if a student gets a permanent job offer (an offer that qualifies the visa requirement) in the related field of study, he/she may apply for PR. Else, a student can stay in New Zealand there and search for a job on a work permit.