Germany is a federal parliamentary republic in Western-Central Europe. The inhabitants enjoy a temperate seasonal climate almost all around the year. Germany, a developed country, is the world’s third-largest exporter and importer of goods, as the country enjoys a global position in several industrial and technological sectors.
About Germany :
- Capital : Berlin
- Population in Germany : Almost 85 million
- Official language : German
- Currency : Euro
- Climate: Continental, Moderate, average -5 to 25 degree.
Berlin is the capital, and also the largest city in Germany. Many influential philosophers, entrepreneurs, artists, musicians,scientists and inventors have their homes in Germany, due to its popular and rich cultural and political history. Bonn, Berlin, Hamburg, Leipzig, Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, Bremen, Dresden are few of its major cities.The European Communities (1957), which went on to become the European Union (1999) had Germany as one of its founding member. It is part of the Schengen Area and a member of the United Nations,the G8, the G20, NATO, the OECD and the Council of Europe.
Why Study in Germany :
Germany is an attractive place to study and German university degrees are highly respected by employers worldwide. The fields of engineering and science are benefited by Germany‘s long and famous university tradition. There is an increase in number of courses and degree programs, especially masters program, being offered in English.German universities have around twelve percent of students coming from foreign countries.
- Low or No tuition fees – Germany promotes free education for students aspiring for a strong career.
- Scholarships – Many universities offer high scholarships to qualified students
- Study in English or German – Student gets a choice to study in either English or German taught institutes.
- Comfortable admission & Visa process
- Better career options – German companies are looking for university graduates in a variety of sectors – especially in the fields of engineering, medicine, the life sciences and information technology.
- Work is wellness– Student is allowed to work part time during study & gets 18 months of work search visa post study, which can further be extended 18 months in case of no job
- High quality life – Germany is very safe country, with a high standard of living, a rich cultural history and a very diverse population.
Education System in Germany :
The education system in Germany is the responsibility of the individual state governments. Thus, German universities and institutes are run by individual federal states.
There are mainly two types of institutions of higher education in Germany :
- Universities (including Universities of Technology, abbr. TU)
- Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen, abbr. FH)
Qualifications Awarded :
- Bachelors Degree – Duration 3 to 4 years
- Masters Degree – Duration 1.5 to 2 years
- PhD (Doctoral Degree) – Duration minimum 3 years
Entry Requirement :
- Undergraduate : 12 / 10 + 2
- Graduate : 16 years of education required (10+2+3)
- March and September
English Requirement :
- GMAT is required for MBA program aspirants. GRE, on the other hand, measures the potential of a candidate in different streams like Graduate studies, Fellowships Programs and Research Programs. TOEFL or IELTS is required to check English language proficiency.
Documents for Application :
- Passport copy (First & Last Page)
- Passport size Photographs
- Leaving Certificate
- 10th Mark sheet & Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet & Certificate
- Diploma’s Mark sheets & Completion Certificate (Transcript, if required)
- Bachelor Degree’s Mark sheet (Transcript, if required)
- Bachelor Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate
- Master Degree’s Mark sheet (Transcript, if required)
- Master Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate
- IELTS/PTE/TOEFL Score Sheet
- Letter of Recommendation (Academic & Professional)
- Work Experience letter (if any)
- Updated CV
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
Accommodation Information :
International student housing :
Accommodation in the student hostels is highly recommended as it is a much cheaper option. University hostels vary in rent from €150 to €250, depending on factors like city, location, size of room, services provided, etc.
Homestay or private board :
Homestays are the most affordable and cheapest accommodation options because the cost (€300 to €1,500 per month)of room and board generally includes meals, laundry facilities, and occasionally some light cleaning services.
House or Apartment ON RENT:
Rent of a flat for single-tenant- €300- €450 per month (Depends on popularity of the area/city)and Rent of a shared flat- €300 per month average